The Nats
So Morgan and I did make it to RFK Stadium on Wednesday night to see the Nats beat the Braves 2-0. A few thoughts from the night. First off, I have no pictures. Of course, I had the digital camera and the binoculars with me for the game. Only problem is that I left the batteries for the camera plugged in at the house. Go figure. So, you get to see the Nats logo in place of any actual game pictures.
As for getting the tickets, Morgan and I rode the Metro (that's DC lingo for the subway) to the stadium. While in the metro, a gentleman was holding two tickets for sale. The tickets ended up being 5 rows back from the Nats dugout. Needless to say, they were good seats and I had them in my hand before we got off the train. Well, as it turns out, the gentleman sat right next to us during the game. He just happened to be in the business of breeding thoroughbred race horses. As you can imagine, he and Morgan talked for most of the game...and it was not about baseball. We now have the man's contact info since he has plenty of tickets available for the rest of the season. Good times.
Couple of other thoughts. We made it just in time to see the Braves take batting practice. To clear it up, Chipper can hit the ball a long way. Also, we sat in the same section that Tim Russert and James Carville have season tickets. Of course, since it was the middle of the week, neither were there. Sad since I was pumped up to give a big Geaux Tigers to James.
Finally, in the most comical part of the night, around the 6th inning the big screen had the random crowd shot and they were trying to get people to kiss onscreen. The first couple (probably in their 60s) looked at each other for a couple of seconds and then absolutely went at it. I almost was forced to cover Morgan's eyes. And mine too. They showed about 6 couples kissing but the last one was the best. When they cut to the last couple, the girl was facing the camera and had on a Nats hat, which got a big cheer. Her man had his back to the camera. Well they went to kiss and when they were done, the guy finally turned around and faced the camera for the first time. And for the first time, the screen showed that he was wearing a Yankees hat. The crowd in less than a second immediately went into frantic booing mode. Definitely good times.
That was our night. Hopefully we will be back soon. And hopefully I can remember the freakin' camera batteries.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home