A Night With 46,000 Friends


Saturday, which was Kerrie's birthday, she, Morgan, and I made our way to FedEx Field (home of the Redskins) to see Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson, Uncle Kracker, and Pat Green in concert. The show started at 4:30 and ended about 11:30. The last count I heard was about 46,000 people. Very large. As you can see, we had nosebleeds (not bad since they were free - the military got an allotment of tickets) but we were on the front row of the upper deck which gave us a pretty good view of everything. Overall, the concert was really good. Kenny played for about 2 and a half hours and he did duets with Keith, Gretchen, and Uncle Kracker. Towards the end, he tells the crowd he has a surprise guest and out comes Sammy Hagar. They broke into "I Can't Drive 55," then "Eagles Fly," and ended with "Finish What Ya Started." Very cool. And yes, Maryland has rednecks too. Lots of them. And they don't wear shirts.
The first picture was taken during Keith Urban's set right before sunset. The one's below were taken during Kenny's set. The first one below is of Kenny and Uncle Kracker singing "When the Sun Goes Down." The other two were taken during the rest of his set.




2 Comments:
Loved the pic of you and your wife. Nice to see good looking people like you two when I log on to my computer.
Love ya...
Uncle Joe
OH MY GOSH what a concert that must have been!!! I am totally in love with Keith, saw him 3 times last year.
Bet you had a great time. LOVE ALL OF YOU< Rhonda
Post a Comment
<< Home